Gordon PA Firm, LLC


Public adjusters (PA) represents YOU — the policyholder. Public Adjusters investigate, prepare, document, present, and negotiate home or business property insurance claims.  A qualified PA has specialized expertise that simplify and speed up the complicated, time-consuming process for settling a claim for property damage from fire, windstorm, hail, floods, hurricanes, and other disasters.

A public adjuster works only for you — not an insurance company, not a roofing company, not a repair company, or general contractor.  Hiring a PA is an important protection for your rights as a policyholder. We protect your interests and the money you are entitled to.         

Insurance policies require the policyholder (YOU) to document and prove your loss to the insurance company.  Few people have the necessary expertise or experience to meet that burden. A public adjuster understands insurance policies.  A PA knows about things like current replacement costs, property repair, business income loss, and other elements of property loss that are critical to getting a fair and proper settlement. Unlike the independent adjusters from your insurance company, we work exclusively for YOU, the policyholder, to protect your interests so you can receive the largest insurance settlement possible.   

  • Review your insurance policy.  Insurance policies are complex and difficult to understand.  Policies can change from year to year and often require that insurance claims meet specific conditions.  Not meeting the conditions can result in your claim being denied or reduced payments for the property loss.  A public adjuster makes sure that a claim meets all the requirements of your policy.

  • Thoroughly document your loss.  The public adjuster will prepare your claim, including estimates, inventories, photographs, and other factual information that is required to prove the extent of your loss.  They will inspect your property loss and submit proof of loss to your insurance company.

  • Work with the insurance company adjuster to negotiate the maximum amount owed to you.  Usually, the public adjuster and company adjuster settle the claim without controversy.


YES! It is a misconception that claims are closed once a check is issued. When in fact, claims are only placed in a “suspended or inactive status” until the Statute of Limitations for recovery has run out. 

The Statute of Limitations timeframe varies by state. For example: Statute of Limitations for North Carolina is 3 years.  Statute of Limitations for both Texas and Colorado is 2 years from the date of loss.